** All Passport Services in Decatur County are currently Suspended until Further Notice. Please contact another county to schedule your appointment **

First time applicants must apply in person.  You will need to bring:

    1.  Completed Form DS-11: Application for a U.S. Passport in BLACK INK (Form

        DS-11 is also available in our office)

        Do not sign the application until instructed to do so by the Acceptance Agent

    2.  Certified copy of birth certificate   

    3.  Valid driver's license

    4.  One check/money order payable to "Department of State"

        This payment will be attached to and mailed with your application

    5.  Separate payment (cash/check/money order) to "Decatur County Auditor"

        $35 - if you provide your passport photos (eff. 4/2/18)

        $45 - if we take/print your photos (eff. 4/2/18)


Please note - There are special requirements for minors:

All minors (persons under age 18) must have parental consent when applying for a passport.  Minors under the age of 16 must appear in person with both parents.  Minors age 16 and 17 only need consent from one parent.  You may be requested to provide written parental consent for a minor of age 16 or 17 if it is not implied on the application.

For additional information about the requirements for minors:

All Minors age 16 and 17

All Minors under age 16


You can renew by mail (using Form DS-82: Application for a U.S. Passport by Mail in BLACK INK

if ALL of the following are true-

    Your most recent U.S. Passport:

        1.  is undamaged and can be submitted with your application AND

        2.  was issued when you were age 16 or older AND

        3.  was issued within the last 15 years AND

        4.  was issued in your current name or you can legally document your name change.

If any of the above statements do not apply to you, you must apply in person.


What is a U.S. Passport Card?

The U.S. Passport Card can only be used to enter the United States from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Bermuda at land border crossings or sea ports-of-entry and is more convenient and less expensive than a passport book.

The passport card cannot be used for international travel by air.

A Note on the U.S. Passport Card:

If you are a previous passport book holder and you are eligible to us Form DS-82, you may apply for a passport card as renewal by mail - even if it is your first passport card!


Passports for persons who are 16 and older are valid for 10 years.

Passports for persons under 16 years of age are valid for 5 years.